Fed up at work? Want a career change?
Arran Williams, January 23, 2017
Are you currently feeling fed up at work?
Feeling like you need a career change?
It’s not uncommon to have a bad day at work from time to time, however, there’s a problem if everyday is a bad day and you are starting to dread going in.
We understand that being in a job that you don’t enjoy can have a negative impact on your life. It can leave you feeling unfulfilled and pretty fed up.
Everyone deserves to be in a career where they feel happy, motivated and are encouraged to excel within their role.
Our blog takes a look at some of the steps that you can take in finding a new and exciting career that will hopefully bring you a lot more job satisfaction.
The first thing to do, is to identify whether you are just having a blip or whether it is really time to move on.
Here are some of the tell-tale signs look out for:
• You find yourself moaning about the same things
• You’re feeling unchallenged and bored
• You don’t see a future in the company or any positive progression there
• Your work/life balance isn’t right
• You are not receiving ANY recognition for your hard work
If you’re feeling like any of the above, it might seem obvious to jump into another career straight away. However, it’s not advisable, as rushing to do so may leave you feeling the same way in a new job.
However, there are things that you can put into action instead.
• Work on your CV – this can help you to take a step back and collate your skills and work experience all in one place, giving you more clarity on what roles you will be happier/qualified to take on.
• Research companies thoroughly - Making sure you research a new company thoroughly is essential. Not only will this allow you to have a better understanding if you would be a good fit, it will also be great preparation if you are fortunate enough to get an interview there.
• Follow your passion – Working in a career that you a genuinely passionate about will reflect on your happiness at work. Go for what you really want!
• Network – With social media being such a huge part of people’s lives, it’s now even easier to network. This can open up a whole new world of job opportunities to sink your teeth into. Websites such as LinkedIn are a great place to start.
• Volunteer – If you’re unsure as to where your passion lies, how about volunteering? This is a great way to find out what you shine at.
• Recognise when it’s time to move on – If you are really at the end of you tether, don’t hesitate in taking action. The longer you stay fed up, the worse your overall happiness will become.
If you’re fed up in your current job, it could be that you just haven’t found a career path that is best suited to your skill set.
Finding a career that you both enjoy and are challenged at is essential to job satisfaction.
Here at Jobsgopublic, we have a great selection of vacancies from a wide range of sectors. There is something for everyone.
Have a browse and apply for your dream role now.
• Social Work
• Local Government
• Building Control
• Environmental Health
Take some time to really think about what will make you happy in your career before jumping ship. This process can sometimes take time and patience. But don’t worry, you’ll get there in the end!
Be sure to sign up to jobs by email so that you can stay up to date with relevant opportunities by having them sent directly to you.
We hope that you find a career that makes you genuinely happy and in which you can excel in.