No Idea Which Career to Pick? Let us help!
Arran Williams, February 27, 2017
Choosing a career that you will love is one of the hardest things.
Some people are lucky and know from a young age that their passion is to become a vet or a lawyer for example but for the majority of us it’s not that easy. It can be hard to know what career path to choose especially when you’re unsure where your strengths lie.
*Side note: everyone is good at something; it’s just about finding out what that something is!
Whether you are looking for your first job, or you feel you still haven’t found the right thing that you can truly excel in. Our blog is here to help! We will take a look at some of the steps you can make to put you on the right track of what career path to go down.
What can you do?
There are a number of things that you can do in order to find out which job opportunities are right for you.
Check out a few of our top tips:
• Take time to think about what genuinely excites you – Turning your passions into a career is one of the most rewarding things that you can do. Take a look at how your hobbies could be turned into fulfilling jobs. For example, if you are passionate about sports, how about coaching?
• Note down the things that you are good at – Make a list and write it down. You might surprise yourself as to how long the list is! This is a great way to get a clearer perspective of your skills.
• Take on an internship – The experience and skills you will gain can really help you to find out where you want to be. It also gives you a great opportunity to network and build strong working relationships.
• Get involved with volunteering - If you’re unsure as to where your passion lies, how about volunteering? This is an excellent way to find out where you shine.
• Get advice from a mentor – It’s always a good idea to get advice from other people as a lot of the time they have been in a similar situation to you. Talk to friends, family members or simply those who you look up to for some friendly advice
• Make a plan – Write down and plan your next steps. Set goals and targets that you wish to achieve. Having goals written down in front of you can give you more motivation to get them done. This can be as simple as having a number of volunteering or internships that you wish to apply for in the space of a week.
Find the career that’s perfect for you
Here at Jobsgopublic we have a fantastic range of opportunities from top employers in the UK. Take a look at the vacancies on offer to gain a better understanding of what each one is about.
This will give you a better understanding of what is involved in each sector. From this, you hopefully will find something that sparks your interest.
Our Final Thoughts...
There is no set rules on how to pick a career. You may find that your strengths and passions change from the experiences that you have which will open your eyes to new and exciting challenges.
The best thing you can do is to remain focused and determined, and before you know it, you’ll be where you want to be!
Be sure to check out our full range of opportunities at Jobsgopulic.com.